From: Francois-Xavier Bonnet <francois-xavier.bon...@centraliens.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:24 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Non-transitive dependency in version 4.5.8

Hi Azriel,

I cannot reproduce your issue.
I think this may be caused by some invalid files in your local maven repository
or in a repository/mirror/proxy you are using.
Could you try with maven central (remove any additional repository from your
pom.xml and any mirror/proxy from your maven user settings, also remove the
folder org/apache/httpcomponents from your local repository).
If the issue persists let me know.

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 22:35, Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO
LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
<azber...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:

> We’ve used the Apache HttpClient using the maven-dependency:
>               <dependency>
>                      <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
>                      <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
>                      <version>4.5.5</version>
>               </dependency>
> When I updated the version from 4.5.5 to 4.5.8 – I see failures in
> compile-time: missing classes etc.
> I corrected it to:
>               <dependency>
>                      <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
>                      <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
>                      <version>4.5.8</version>
>               </dependency>
>               <dependency>
>                      <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
>                      <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
>                      <version>4.5.8</version>
>               </dependency>
>               <dependency>
>                      <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
>                      <artifactId>httpcore</artifactId>
>                      <version>4.4.11</version>
>               </dependency>
> Now it compiles successfully, but with these messages:
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.httpcomponents:httpmime:jar:4.5.8 is
> invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available,
> enable debug logging for more details [WARNING] The POM for
> org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:4.5.8 is invalid, transitive
> dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for
> more details Can you fix it?

  • ... Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
    • ... Francois-Xavier Bonnet
      • ... Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)