Hi Team,

I am trying to do POC using the *HttpClient 4.5.5* library and want to
access *HTTPS url* masked through a http *proxy server* with *basic
authentication*
and its failing.

The authentication proxy header should be sent as part of the connect but
it is not happening.

I have also added the header "*Proxy-Authorization Basic
<encodedAuth>*" to *POST request
*as it requires and passing request object to httpclient through execute()
method.

Apart from that preemptive authentication is also set.

[image: image.png]

But *over the network,* "*Proxy-Authorization Basic  <encodedAuth>*" header
is *missing*.

I tried *same *scenario to access the HTTP request everything works fine.

*On the fly* [No "Proxy-Authorization" header]:

[image: image.png]
REQUEST:

CONNECT localhost:4080 HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:9090

RESPONSE:

"HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Server: Proxy
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="**** Authorization"
Cache-control: no-cache
Connection: Close
Proxy-Connection: Close

Could you please help me on this issue? and let me know if you require any
further information.

--
Thanks,
Kaushal.