Am 2020-05-30 um 22:53 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
On Sat, 2020-05-30 at 21:58 +0200, Michael Osipov wrote:
Now we need to decide if this is as good as it gets or we want to
put
more research into it.

I read liked you idea of the chunks. 2048 seems too low for me
because
most well write with a buffer of at least 4 KiB.

So I think we can try to things to miminize overhead:

* Make this feature optional, just like we do with Expectation.
* Try to increase the step chunk size, e.g., 64 KiB or greater. With
that we don't peek on each and every invocation.

Yes, we may consider making it optional / disabled by default

Via RequestConfig?

We can give step chunking another go but it is less important now as I
have inserted the check into the low level socket stream whose write
operations should be already quite optimized by the protocol layer.

But wouldn't that still reduce the check count because we'd hit the wait with SSLSocket? I am bit confused by your statement.