https://ok2c.github.io/httpclient-migration-guide/migration-to-classic.html

> Few questions:
>
>    1. I don't see an equivalent of
> RequestConfig.Builder#setLocalAddress ?
>    How do we get this feature ?

 RequestConfig.Builder#setLocalAddress was a mistake. This parameter
has nothing to do with request execution.

Please use custom HttpRoutePlanner instead.

>    2. Is there an equivalent of LaxRedirectStrategy?  or
>    DefaultRedirectStrategy is now the equivalent which seems to be
> the case ?

DefaultRedirectStrategy should now cover all common cases. Lax strategy
implementation is now superfluous.

>    3.
>
>    PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager does not expose anymore the
>    HttpClientConnectionOperator, it's a protected constructor. In
> JMeter we
>    use this to compute connect time. It looks like we would need to
> extend
>    PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager, is there another better way to
> keep
>    this ?

No, this is the intended way.

>    4.
>
>    Regarding bandwidth measurement per request, we used this approach
> based
>    on your SO answer (
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26166469/measure-bandwidth-usage-with-apache-httpcomponents-httpclient
>    ):
>

>    -
>
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/protocol/http/src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPHC4Impl.java#L448
>       - Is it still ok using
>
>       preProcess/postProcess by redefining them in an extension of
>       HttpRequestExecutor and access endpointdetails through:
>       -
>
>       HttpCoreContext.*adapt*(context).getEndpointDetails();
>
>       But I don't see any more reset(), so how should we proceed ?

There is no #reset method. We could add but I am not sure if you really
need it at all. If you need the total bytes sent / received and the
total number of requests / responses those details are provided by
HttpConnectionMetrics interface.

Hope this helps