Is your "userspace" 32-bit or 64-bit?

A 32-bit userspace program will run out of addressable memory at 3G. So
that's unlikely to exhaust your swap. (in fact it's unlikely to start
filling your swap). But just to be sure....

To allow developers to work with your images, are you willing to upload
them somewhere? You can reduce the source images in resolution to say
1/2 of 1/4th of their original resolution, and save them as low-quality
JPGs. Then even 330 images will end up  at a resonable size if you pack
them with the hugin project file in a zip.

To reduce the images in size:
  mkdir small
  for i in *.jpg ; do
     djpeg $i | pnmscale 0.25 | cjpeg -quality 70 > small/$i
  done
I reduced a set of pictures a factor of 64 this way. your set of 330 images
should reduce from 1-2 Gb to 15-30Mb. Easily transferable via mytransfer or
something like that (you know how to use pastebin). I can put it up on a
webserver somewhere if you want/allow me.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Enblend.

Title:
  enblend fails to blend large pano

Status in Enblend:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Enblend failed with:

  enblend --compression=LZW -m 1200 -w -f135659x3947+0+1091 -o pano8110_l.tif
  enblend: info: loading next image: pano8110_l0000.tif 1/1
  enblend: out of memory
  enblend: std::bad_alloc

  This is a simple 0.5Gpixel panorama I shot. And agreed, Hugin did warn
  me that it might take a lot of memory.

  The thing is: There is no other tool to stitch this with, so I'll have to
make do with hugin and its toolset....
  I thought there was an "imagecache" that would swap parts of images to disk...