Dear Thomas Modes

On 06.05.2015 18:15, tmodes wrote:
> Should also be fixed in repository.

Yes, I can confirm that I can not anymore reproduce this error using
Operating System: Linux 3.13.0-52-generic x86_64
Architecture: 64 bit
Free memory: 11166756 kiB

Hugin
Version: 2015.1.0.15309c132690
Path to resources: /usr/share/hugin/xrc/
Path to data: /usr/share/hugin/data/
Hugins camera and lens database: /home/stefan/.hugindata/camlens.db
Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP

Libraries
wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.0
wxWidgets Library (wxGTK port)
Version 3.0.0 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
compiled at Dec  2 2013 15:56:33

Runtime version of toolkit used is 2.24.
Compile-time GTK+ version is 2.24.22.

libpano13: 2.9.19
Boost: 1.54.0
Exiv2: 0.23
SQLite3: 3.8.2
Vigra: 1.10.0

> See http://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.0.0/overview_debugging.html for more
> information about the assert message.
> (Maybe defining the symbol NDEBUG is sufficient to suppress the assert
> messages?)

I may be tempted to investigate this for the upcoming RC versions. On
the other hand, as long as you don't object, I feel that these asserts
are there for a reason. The more of these we can fix now, the less
problems we will encounter in the future on all of the systems we want
to deploy to.

So, as long as I don't get a "shut up, you are annoying me with your
nitpicking" from you, I will continue with the DEBUG variant of
hugin/wxwidgets during the beta versions, I will reconsider this
decision for the rc releases.

Thank you very much for your support.

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced."
~ Gregory Benford

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Hugin
Developers, which is subscribed to Hugin.

Title:
  Another assert error message, this time in PTBatcherGUI

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Sorry, but I got another one.

  This has been observers using
  Operating System: Linux 3.13.0-51-generic x86_64
  Architecture: 64 bit
  Free memory: 11436008 kiB

  Hugin
  Version: 2015.1.0.c0ae9038be6b
  Path to resources: /usr/share/hugin/xrc/
  Path to data: /usr/share/hugin/data/
  Hugins camera and lens database: /home/stefan/.hugindata/camlens.db
  Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP

  Libraries
  wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.0
  wxWidgets Library (wxGTK port)
  Version 3.0.0 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
  compiled at Dec  2 2013 15:56:33

  Runtime version of toolkit used is 2.24.
  Compile-time GTK+ version is 2.24.22.

  libpano13: 2.9.19
  Boost: 1.54.0
  Exiv2: 0.23
  SQLite3: 3.8.2
  Vigra: 1.10.0

  currently available from
  https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+packages

  Reproduce:
  Loding an existing pto
  Cange to the Sticher tab
  Press "Stich!"
  Confirm the save

  Result:
  ASSERT INFO:
  ../src/gtk/gauge.cpp(67): assert "0 <= m_gaugePos && m_gaugePos <=
m_rangeMax" failed in DoSetGauge(): invalid gauge position in DoSetGauge()

  BACKTRACE:
  [1] wxGauge::DoSetGauge()
  [2] ProgressStatusBar::ProgressStatusBar(wxWindow*, int, long, wxString
const&)
  [3] BatchFrame::OnCreateStatusBar(int, long, int, wxString const&)
  [4] wxFrameBase::CreateStatusBar(int, long, int, wxString const&)
  [5] BatchFrame::BatchFrame(wxLocale*, wxString)
  [6] PTBatcherGUI::OnInit()
  [7] wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**)
  [8] main
  [9] __libc_start_main
  [10] _start

  The error mesage windows states PTBatcherGUI, not hugin. I had to confirm the
error message 10 of times until the stitch actually started.
  I will make the pto available upon request.

  With kind regards

  Stefan Peter