Erik Krause wrote:
> enblend uses a not so optimal number of levels. specify -l 20 at the
> enblend command line to increase the number to the maximum and you
> get results similar to smartblend. enblend 3 should be almost as fast
> as smartblend BTW...

Enfuse used to employ exactly one level less than the
maximum allowed number of levels given a particular
kernel and image size.  This issue has been fixed in
CVS on 2008-09-13T21:15:02.  Please let me know if
any problem related to the levels calculation persists
and I have to rework my patch.

Concerning the performance of Enfuse-3.2: Contrast
weighting is _much_ faster because of the new, O(1)
algorithm.  Saturation weighting could have become
slightly faster, too.

/Chris