Another panorama viewer?  Well, yes, I think some of you might be
interested in this one.  It began as an exercise  for learning Qt and
OpenGL, which I hoped might produce a useful viewer for Linux.  But it
works so well (on the right hardware) that I've decided to release it
to the world (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pvqt/).

pvQt uses the advanced texture mapping capabilities of  OpenGL version
2.0 or better, to generate true 3D views: the panorama is projected on
a cylinder or sphere, whose interior is seen in perspective from a
movable point of view.  That makes it possible to rotate the view in
all 3 dimensions (yaw, pitch, and roll) and to change the perspective
continuously from rectilinear (when the eye is at the center) through
increasingly "fisheye-like" views, out to a "super fisheye" that can
show almost 288 degrees of the panosphere.

At present pvQt only knows how to display spherical panoramas, in
equirectangular or cubic formats (including cubic QTVRs).  But it is
designed to handle all the common pano formats and show "flat" photos
too.  It has a few glitches, the worst of which is that it can't tell
whether it is running on an OpenGL implementation that actually
supports it -- if not, it just shows all white images.

Building pvQt requires the Qt development framework, which is huge but
reliable and easy to use, and zlib, which is tiny and ubiquitous.
There  is a prebuilt win32 (MinGW) executable on SF, along with the
needed MinGW and Qt DLLs.  It is in a self extractor that only runs on
Windows, but soon there will be a source tar too.  And you can check
out the source tree with "svn co https://pvqt.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pvqt
pvqt ".

Cheers, Tom