Yuval Levy twisted the bytes to say:

 Yuval> we now have a relatively new term introduced to the community,with two
 Yuval> meanings. Panini can mean:
 Yuval> - a projection introduced by Tom, Bruno and Daniel to libpano13 and
 Yuval> which will be soon very widely available
 Yuval> - a tool by Tom to extract and manipulate perspectives

 Yuval> before too much confusion arises, may I suggest to disambiguate?

 Yuval> I would suggest calling the perspective "Veduta" and the tool "Panini"

If Panini invented the projection we should call it panini.

Is there really confusion on the tools? What we need to drive into the
people who use it is that panini is a projection. I think we should
avoid naming a tool after it.

If the tool needs name, Veduta is better, as it is the "school" of
painters.

--dmg