On Jan 23, 1:42 pm, Dale Beams <drbe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Terry I build in a virtual machine.  I'm using virutal box.  This way I can
> create *.debs, but could create *.rpm as well on a vanilla system.  You might
> try this and then direct it to /usr/local or /opt/hugin_svn, etc.

OK, that is an idea. I do have Virtualbox installed, but I don't think
it would be a 'proper' test as Virtualbox is only an i386 or
equivalent, unless I'm mistaken. It certainly wouldn't let me install
an x86_64 version of Linux.
Still it's worth a try to at least see what the latest source
provides.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Terry