so we have two preview windows: fast and traditional. Do we need both of
them for 0.8.0 and if yes which one should be the main one and how do we
attract user attention to the second one?

my impression is that currently we can not simply get rid of the
traditional preview.
- the traditional preview has an option to show LDR/HDR which the fast
does not have
- fast preview sometimes has artefacts (e.g. at the 360° seam of
equirectangular input) and sometimes does not display properly
- has anybody tested fast preview extensively, e.g. on gigapixel
projects that have been stitched before with the traditional preview?

also it would be good to bring to the preview pane those settings
affecting the preview that are currently in the Stitcher tab, i.e.
panorama, field of view, canvas size and crop.

given all the above, would it be an idea to:
- make the panorama preview into a simple tab, like any other tab
- on that tab, there would be a switch to choose between the fast and
the normal preview
- on that tab, the user would manipulate those parameters that affects
how the output looks like, i.e. the projection, FOV, canvas size, crop
- on the stitching tab, only the second half would stay
(output/processing/file formats)
- the preview tab would fit between the exposure tab and the stitcher tab

Yuv