Bruno Postle wrote:
>> also it would be good to bring to the preview pane those settings
>> affecting the preview that are currently in the Stitcher tab, i.e.
>> panorama, field of view, canvas size and crop.
>
> These are all available already in the fast preview.  Except for
> canvas pixel size, but this is an output format option much like
> TIFF vs. JPEG.

I don't see the HFOV/VFOV in any of the preview windows?

canvas pixel size and crop should be part of the preview. To me, the
output format has with rendering, while the preview windows with setting
up the visible part of the rendering effort. TIFF vs. JPEG is not a
visible choice, FOV/canvas/crop are.

> Ultimately (post 0.8.0), I think a really interesting project would
> be to make the fast preview the 'main' frame of hugin and merge the
> Assistant with this window.  The other tabs which are hardly used by
> most users can be two modeless utility windows: Images, Camera and
> Lens and Crop; and Optimiser and Exposure.  The Stitcher can be a
> modal window.

for a stitching application (i.e. Hugin), that would be nice.

something that I would find more interesting is to add Python bindings
to the code, so that it can be accessed via Python scripts. wxPython is
a very mature GUI toolkit (and uses the same wxWindows as Hugin) that
would enable much more variation.

Then the whole workflow could be dynamically adjusted to the process at
hand.

Yuv