I was attempting to align a set of star shots for stacking.
Having set up a good number of control points,
I attempted to optimise, and hugin crashes,
consistently.

I suspect (guess) this is caused by the photos
being rather similar to each other (the motion
is that of the earth through a 120mm lens
with 8 second exposures).

I've attached the pto file.

  BugBear