Lukáš Jirkovský schrieb:
> Hello,
> As I'd like to show that I'm still not bored hacking hugin I've done
> some tweaks to EXR implementation in Hugin, unfortunately none of them
> is tested.
>
> 1.) workaround for bug causing clipping of some data (changes in
> ExrEncoderImpl::nextScanline() and rewriteFileUsingScaleFactor()
> function). This really needs testing but I don't have any image
> suffering from it.
 >
> My ask for any test case is still valid. Anyway, what do you think
> about it? May it work correctly? I've explained how it is supposed
> work in comment in bug #1850361.

You can simply set the ev parameter (lens tab, photometric) of an image
to something above 16 and should be able to see the results.

Rewriting the image has the nice property that it is completely
independent of the calling code, but unfortunately its a bit costly. It
would be possible to compute the scaling factor without rewriting the
image, but this would require that the max of the image is computed
somewhere inside the exportImage() functions and not in the codec
itself. However, the vigra impex code is quite messy and hard to understand.

> 2.) added support for different compression algorithms. I've not have
> enough time to test because I'd like to add it to the GUI first (I
> don't like changing this directly in code even for testing). This part
> of the patch should probably work.

I think enblend handles the compression arguments straight to vigra.
With hugin it should be possible to modify the .pto file and set the
type by changing
#hugin_outputImageTypeHDRCompression <newcomp>

ciao
   Pablo