On Sun 01-Mar-2009 at 14:24 +0100, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:

>I've tried to implement test target for hugin makefile, which then can
>be used for testing of existence of tools but I've stuck when target
>test: isn't present in generated makefile. Does anyone have idea what
>can cause this?

Nope, it doesn't compile for me:

src/hugin_base/algorithms/panorama_makefile/PanoramaMakefileExport.cpp:734:
error: expected primary-expression before '/' token
src/hugin_base/algorithms/panorama_makefile/PanoramaMakefileExport.cpp:734:
error: `dev' was not declared in this scope
src/hugin_base/algorithms/panorama_makefile/PanoramaMakefileExport.cpp:734:
error: `null' was not declared in this scope

I guess this because the NULL_DEVICE macro gets expanded into the
bare string /dev/null before compilation.

>Anyway, I'm not sure if using define is good for setting device for
>redirecting output (see macro NULL_DEVICE).

It would be more useful if this was defined as a variable in the
Makefile, then you could redefine it on the command-line if you
wanted to capture the extra info that otherwise goes to /dev/null:

    make -f project.pto.mk NULL_DEVICE=/tmp/test.log

Also I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but is it 'nul' or
'NUL' on Windows? I have only ever seen 'NUL'.

>I've divided it into two patches, test_target.diff is the one which
>should add test: to makefile (but it doesn't). add_test_target.diff
>adds building test before stitching.

Thanks for doing this, the 'test' rule should definitely go in,
though we need to be sure that we do want to run it for every
stitch.  For example a missing exiftool isn't fatal at the moment,
we don't want to change this by failing it in the test.

--
Bruno