I think that the mac-hugin-SDK is a very good idea, but I'm affraid it is a
little more complicated than mentioned in the
http://wiki.panotools.org/Build_a_MacOSX_Universal_Hugin_bundle_with_Xcode for
the SDK and Ippei's comment. To use it like in the SDK Ippei published, we
need to extend the Buildconfig.xconfig a little. If I do an otool -L in
Ippei's SDK for the libraries it says
"/Users/ippei/dev/hugin/ExternalPrograms/Repository-dynamic/lib/<library
name>" and for the binaries likewise.
(For non-OSX users: This install_name (or install path) is very important to
build Hugin and create a self-contained bundle).

The Buildconfig.xconfig  script (and the Setenv-universal.txt file during
build)  is based on the fact that the install_name is the same as
REPOSITORY_ABSOLUTE_PATH. The Buildconfig.xconfig should also contain
something like INSTALL_NAME_PATH for the SDK in it's current form to work,
which also needs a small modification of the follow-up scripts. But that can
all be done.

Either we should make the SDK more general by running a script over the
libs, bins (and pkgconfig's ?) before  distirbuting it, or the SDK should be
created from a more general location.
That's one of the reasons why I made my External_Programs an external
directory outside the hugin trunk:
"/Users/Shared/development/hugin_related/ExternalPrograms/Repository/lib/",
whereas my hugin trunk directory can be anywhere within my user space.
(note: the hugin_related is there as I use the same construction for other
software).
I can copy this "SDK directory" to every mac used by every user-id possible.
This next to the fact that I can drop my hugin trunk directory and/or
recreate multiple copies (like in the gsoc_2008 branches) without ever
having to recompile or worry about my libraries and bins and path and
install_names they might contain.

I will take a look at my libs collection and see if I can make that as an
SDK. Unfortunately I'm on a business trip until Thursday night, so that
"look at" will most possibly be this weekend.

Harry