On 3 May, 13:31, Andreas Metzler <ametz...@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> FWIW I have made prelinary deb packages of hugin 0.8.0 beta4 and
> libpano13 2.9.14 rc1 for Debian lenny and later.

> i386 binaries for the trusting.
> deb http://www.bebt.de/debian/lenny hugin080

Hello,

Maybe I am inexperienced with debian, but adding
deb http://www.bebt.de/debian lenny hugin080
to my /etc/apt/sources.list did not do any magic with apt (apt-cache,
apt-get),
cpu2:/home/kf# apt-cache show hugin080
W: Unable to locate package hugin080
E: No packages found
cpu2:/home/kf#

Looking for hugin brings up hugin070...

Next I manually downloaded the deb packages and tried dpkg.
After a few missing dependences resolvable by hand I come to the
following:

Unpacking replacement hugin ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of hugin:
 hugin depends on enblend (>= 3.2); however:
  Version of enblend on system is 3.0+dfsg-2.
 hugin depends on enfuse; however:
  Package enfuse is not installed.
 hugin depends on libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.7.1); however:
  Package libwxbase2.8-0 is not installed.
 hugin depends on libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.7.1); however:
  Package libwxgtk2.8-0 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing hugin (--install):
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
 hugin

Of course it is experimental, and maybe I should have got apt going
(how?) instead of dpkg for automatically resolve dependencies.

But I thought I help to debug (behaving as standard user) hugin080 on
lenny, as the 070 version has quite a few bugs, and I see no point in
reporting things that have already been ironed out, at least they are
in 070 on other platforms.

Cheers

Klaus