Seb,

The reason that I think it would be worth using the full image set is
that I have experimented with stitching these images in various ways
and have found that if I simplify the use of Alpha Channel Masks or
reduce the size of the target image,  it will stitch successfully, if
I use the full set of images with all the Alpha Channels present and
target a full size result it crashes  - so I THINK the problem may be
something to do with the complexity of the masks when processed at
full resolution.  Hence  a simplified set of dummy images would be
unlikely to trigger the error conditions.

Harry has created his RC1-with-no-image-cache version (Thanks Harry!)
so I am trying the problematic stitch with that at the moment.  It
will be a few hours before I know whether it crashes ...

If anyone else is prepared to download 2Gb of images with a project
file and run a stitch at 12,000 x 6,000 on a non Mac-OSX platform
please send me a private email and I will provide the address and
password  details for the download.

all the best

George