alexG wrote:
> Alternatively it may be possible to edit the makefiles that are
> missing the boost_threads-mt library and only rum make again... it is
> maybe less work. I *think* you would need to edit the following files
> - but I'm not sure, do this at your own risk!!!

actually if you really want to fix this, you want to look at how CMake
finds (or in this case does not find) the missing library.

your starting point is line 181 of the top level CMakeLists.txt

and if you fix it you'll get into the Hugin hall of fame.

Seriously, 8.04 is a long term support release and there to stay for at
least another year and a half. We should support it better.

And while we're at it, we should set up a a team on launchpad, similar
to the Mercurial PPA Packagers team
<https://launchpad.net/~mercurial-ppa> and use the launchpad
infrastructure to push the binaries similar to what Bruno does with Fedora.

I've just started https://launchpad.net/~hugin

I'm reading into the packagers information for Ubuntu, though I would
very much prefer if somebody who is already experienced in packaging for
Ubuntu would step in.

Anybody care to join and help?

Yuv