Going over the list of problems, I see an easy solution. If I build a
package with the old (0.7 installer bundled) versions of enblend and
ap-sift-c, and we consider the translation a 'known issue', would it
be good enough to release an installer? Are there features of 0.8 that
depend on new things introduced in the later versions of these two
programs?
When the problems are fixed, we can release new installers, that we
can call 0.8 update x if we don't want to upset the version numbers.
I think in striving for the perfect release, the most important thing
(releasing it) is neglected. So there are still some issues. But hugin
0.8 hasn't yet crashed on me without warning, like the latest so-
called stable releases of large OSS projects like OpenOffice or
Inkscape do quite regularly. In fact, in my personal experience the
0.7 release sometimes had some inexplicable and irreproducible crashes
that I haven't seen in any of the 0.8 rc snapshots I've used.

Anyway, that is my take on it. Yuv -who has a much bigger track record
on this project than I do - clearly sees things differently. How does
the rest of the community feel about this issue?

allard