I tested the various libpano and found out that with libpano rev 1016
all works while with rev 1017 I got the problem.

Here is the log of rev 1017:
http://panotools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/panotools?view=rev&revision=1017

I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 amd64
As I stated some posts above, the problem doesn't exists on i386 OS:
I've tested the hugin building process on a virtual machine with
xubuntu 9.04 i386 without encountering any problem.