Oskar Sander wrote:
> I am a bit curious on how the GSOC2009 projects turned out at the end.

work is still in progress.

at the moment the students are being evaluated and briefed on their
evaluation. I don't want them to find out about their evaluation on a
public mailing list.

work will continue after the official Google sponsorship ended. Nodal
Ninja <http://www.nodalninja.com/> is once again sponsoring the
integration work.

as the students shift from full-time to spare-time it is important to
(a) give them a break and (b) manage expectation. their code will be
finished when it will be finished and your curiosity will be satisfied
in due time and place.

the generic integration plan is to integrate individual GSoC2009
projects as they become mature enough for integration; and release right
after every integration to avoid a lengthy release cycle as seen with
0.8.0 when we sent three projects into release at once.

the specific plan for each project is still in the making. it will go like:
- update the individual development branch to the most current trunk state
- make sure that it builds on the main platforms (linux/windows/osx)
- test quickly that it does not break existing functionality
- integrate in trunk
- make sure trunk builds on the main platforms (linux/windows/osx)
- test quickly that trunkt does not break existing functionality
- branch out trunk for release
- repeat project after project

detailed information will follow as the plans become clearer. sorry if
this is not enough detail to satisfy your curiosity.

Yuv