On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 19:36 -0700, Dalai Felinto wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I've been using Blender for creating fisheye images and videos [1]
> [2]. My current method is to render 4 square images with a FOV of 90º
> and to use Blender nodes to stitch them [3]. Blender however is not
> accurate for this, and it produces some visible undesirable seams.
>
> Those images don't have any shared pixel, however they are perfect
> matches. It would be possible to use Hugin with this workflow? I
> couldn't find any option that allows one to stitch images without
> control points. An option to do this through command-line would be
> even better in order to allow the warping of movie files.

You can specify the angle of each face on the images tab without control
points. Use the camera and lens tab to make sure the field of view of
your images is exactly 90 degrees, and all distortion parameters are 0.

If you get any small holes along the seams try making the images 91
degrees instead so there is a very small overlap.

Once you've set this up once you can use the "Apply template" option on
the file menu to copy the image angles and lens parameters from one
project into another.

I imagine there is a way you can do this on the command line, though I
can't provide you with a script.

I've noticed Blender's specular reflections don't line up between the
images in its own cube map renderer, so you will likely have visible
seems if you use specular reflections, whichever method you use to
stitch them.

James