Hello Benjamin -

On Sep 9, 12:36 am, Benjamin Schnieders
<benjamin.schnied...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you propose a (free) multi-thread profiler for linux? (Looking out
> for one for some time now...) If so, I'll have a look at it, enough of
> exploiting hugin/panotools now, time to give something back ;)

I use TAU

        http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tau/home.php

because, sadly, I found out that my g++-4.3.2
does not produce reliable results when profiling
OpenMP code.  As I consider optimizing without
profiling an entirely meaningless business, I
had to look for a profiler, too.

You might find that TAU-2.18.2p2 is not very C++
friendly, though.  I have submitted some patches
to the TAU developers, which are already in
their CVS, but are not available to the general
public.  Give me a buzz on private e-mail, if
you need more info.

BTW, TAU is tremendously more fun when operated
on top of a PerfCtr-enhanced kernel.  :-(=)

Thanks,
        Chris