2009/9/14 Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch>

> Hi Terry,
>
> Tduell wrote:
> > It seems that the posts are generally displayed in latest first order,
> > but occasionally it goes wrong and uses the original post date to set
> > the position of the thread.
>
> it seems to me that Google is trying to use some sort of smart algorithm
> to sort out what may be actual / relevant. A while ago I wanted to reply
> to a thread that was more than 60 days old and found it was closed.
>

> > I wonder how many posts are missed due to this.
>
> I seldom use the forum-like web based interface. My preferred way to
> follow the list is to receive it in a mailbox.
>

> Yuv
>
> +1, +1.

I only use to do a quick search and use the html web adress as a referrer in
other posts as it is easy to mention a thread via
<http://google.groups.com........
>, because you can't reference to mails (or..? Someone a bright idea?)

The problem I currently have (last week) on multiple platforms (OSX, linux,
windows with firefox and safari) is that the left side navigation is
displayed over the first post and partly over the heading, as if someone is
blundering with his DHTML programming. Extremely annoying.
Is Google groups changing things?

Harry