> You can control the number of points with the align_image_stack -c
> parameter:
>
>     -f %v -c %p -p %o %i
>
> ..but according to the align_image_stack usage this will actually
> generate 25x the specified number of points, i.e. specify 10 and you
> will get 250 points, specify 1 and you will 25 points.

Thank you - I could have read the help text more carefully.

I had read "following patterns will be substituted before running". But
it took me quite a while to understand that arguments with % don't have
to do anything with arguments with -.

Can align_image_stack deal with whole panotools scripts (%s) as
autopano-sift-c can meanwhile?
(By the way: --maxmatches %p --projection %f,%v %o %i is still the
default for autopano-sift-c  - wouldn't be %s be better because of
command line length in Windows and other things as recently discussed?)

regards
Joachim