I just went to preferences for Control Point Detectors and selected
Auto-Pan-Sift-c and clicked Edit and then clicked Choose and selected
the plugin in Application support and the correct path was inserted.

I think perhaps when I first installed the previous build I had only
done this to set the preference for Panomatic which I had not had
working in previous versions ... I had tried out the previous build on
an old project file and just added a few token Control Points with
Panomatic ... it wasn't till I had downloaded the current build that I
had a full stitch to do on a new project.

I think it would be good to clearly say in the ReadMe files that come
with the installer something like:

------
 ... After running the installer scripts to copy each Control Point
Detector plugin into the "Application Support" folder  the path needs
to be set in Hugin's preferences for each Control Point Detectors
plugin.  This is done  by opening preferences for Control Point
Detectors, selecting each plugin in turn, clicking edit and clicking
the "Choose" button and, if necessary navigating to the appropriate
plugin.
-----
all the best

George