On Wed 30-Sep-2009 at 14:26 -0700, Brent wrote:

>I was trying to play around with the latest autopano-sift-c using
>the stereographic reprojection for fisheye lenses.   It seemed that I
>should be able to create a PTO file from the command line using either
>--projection or --focal-length, but neither seem to work correctly and
>I'm wondering if anybody has actually tried using these options.    In
>fact, it seems that there are some minor bugs in the option processing
>(not advancing over the comma for the projection option), but even if
>I fix those, it is unclear how this is supposed to work.

Yes it is broken with the current trunk, see bug #2858780:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2858780&group_id=77506&atid=550441

I think that the method of supplying input that works at the moment
is via a .pto file.

What we need is something that works with Hugin, so the plan is to
release 2.5.1 which is the current 'stable' 2.5.0 with a major
memory leak fixed and a fix to alllow paths with spaces when using
.pto input.

>It is also unclear how to use the options:   i.e. are the
>projection and focal-length options alternatives to each other?
>If using the focal-length, does one also have to specify the
>lens-type.   Why is the lens-type option have a different number
>scheme than the PT format codes used by the projection option?

No idea, current panotools uses '0' for rectilinear, '2 & 3' for
equal angle fisheye and '21' for equisolid input projection (which I
understand is the same as 'equal area' fisheye).

The autopano-sift-c --lens-type option uses '1' for rectilinear, 2
for equal-area fisheye and 3 for equal-angle fisheye.

--
Bruno