On Thu 22-Oct-2009 at 17:12 -0700, Ryan wrote:

>Hugin's new opengl support got me drooling, and I couldn't find a
>working windows binary in the usual places, so I tackled a 32-bit
>cygwin/mingw compile (gcc -mno-cygwin) of hugin-2009.2.0 last week.

>Caveats:
>- does not include Java support or a control point generator (didn't
>try yet)

Don't worry about java support in libpano13, this isn't used by
anything.

>- a script syntax error prevents stitching (haven't debugged yet,
>something about a target pattern missing '%'; hard to debug when the
>referenced tmpfile gets deleted before the error pops up)

When you save a project it creates a .pto and a .pto.mk file, you
can debug the process by stitching with this .pto.mk Makefile:

   make -f project.pto.mk

The 'target pattern missing %' error is from an input/output file
path containing a ':' which isn't supported by 'make'.  win32 'make'
can cope with the C:\ stuff, so it looks like you have some mixture
of unix and Windows going on that isn't working.

>- during optimization it pops up messages about feathering and not
>being able to open windows (is the latter because Java is missing?)

This may be due to the way you have compiled libpano13, you can have
a 'sys_ansi' command-line build or a 'sys_win' build with dialogs
etc...  I think that Hugin expects the ansi build, but maybe one of
the Windows builders can clarify this.

--
Bruno