Hi all

I've been evaluating several programs for mosaic generation, one of
them is free (hugin) while the other is commercial (Autopano Pro).
Both are very good but the Autopano Pro has a feature that I find very
interesting but I don't really know how it works.

When you upload photos to "hugin" if the photos don't have EXIF
information you need to include the hfov and the focal length to
continue the process, but the Autopano Pro if the photos don't have
EXIF information it seems that somehow calculates the hfov and the
focal length.

This information autopano computes is provided subsequently to hugin
and this program works perfectly, therefore the values are correct.

My question is if there a technique or algorithm that allows to obtain
this information if not included in the EXIF

Best regards.