On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Brian Innes <brianinne...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Bruno Postle wrote:
>> The reporting is about as inept as you would expect from the Daily
>> Mail, but nice pictures Alexandre:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1222162/Sensational-images-artists-mini-planets-styled-worlds-favourite-landmarks.html

Thank you for the mention.

> Nice pictures, well done Alexandre!
> As to the comments about these pictures just being a one click photoshop
> effect...  I'd like to see the efforts of
> those who think it's just a one click photoshop filter!

I think the main complaint is that the article presents this as a very
original idea, while it obviously isn't.  I would agree with that.
The comments are just directed to the wrong person: I didn't write the
article and I didn't ask for it.  When I was contacted by the
journalist I gave him the same text file as I had given to the
previous journalist: a compilation of information about how I starting
doing these, who I got the idea from, what (free software) tools I
used, what was the work involved and how much time it really took.
The journalist managed to ignore all of that, and preferred to invent
all these pointless religious quotes, and apparently spent quite some
time randomizing the captions for the pictures.

I can't complain too much, because such kind of exposition, however
flawed, always has nice side effects (being contacted by more people),
but it doesn't leave me with a strong impression of the news agency
behind this article.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz