On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:16, Timothee <timothee.grol...@muvee.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to do a 360 pano with my kids for xmas and they just won't
> stay still, so I definitely will have to do some level of masking.

You can also edit the TIF images in Gimp (or Photoshop), erasing the
bits you don't want. A bit more cumbersome perhaps, but it works. Just
be sure to uncheck the box "Cropped output" in the options to nona, in
the Stitching tab.

> Will there eventually be a GUI tool within hugin itself to do masking?

There is indeed such a project going on, but not advanced enough I
think. It was a 2008 Google Summer of Code:
http://maskingingui.blogspot.com/

http://wiki.panotools.org/SoC_2008_Masking_in_GUI

Best,

Seb