On Dec 4, 3:31 pm, Ben Page <wheresmyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> gah
> I have an ability to miss the obvious. In the mean time, I found
> Flexify by Flaming Pear and it worked incredibly well.
> It actually worked a little better then Hugin did, but that could have
> just been an issue with that picture in the first place.
>
> When you "guys" (I get the impression theres a decent sized group
> here) take panoramas and combine them, what setting to you use to make
> sure the panorama is as accurate as possible? I have "Number of
> Control Points per Overlap" at 1300, and I have "Rotation Search"
> enabled, but in the Flickr guide there was another option, I think it
> was called Keypoint, and I haven't seen that.

i've never heard of or used 'keypoint' before.  not sure what it is.

1300 points per overlap is excessive (imo).  i have hugin set to use
only 10 points per overlap.  after running celeste and clean cp's, i
optimize for position, ypr, ypr&v and i typically add barrel (b) in
for good measure.  that gives me a good baseline for the pano to get
things started, then its usually off to masking, manually adding the
nadir and a few more runs/stitches to get a final version of the pano.