Hi There,

Much of the original work on which Hugin is based was done by Prof
Dersch about ten years or more ago.

There are links to several of his papers below and to material
presented at the conference organised by IVRPA
   http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/
   http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/IVRPA.pdf

http://conference07.ivrpa.org/news/2007-sep-17_2007_ivrpa_conference_video_link
   http://www.vision.caltech.edu/lihi/Publications/zelnik-panoramas.pdf