OK, now we have:
- control point
- link point
- connection point
- anchor point

I couldn't think of many more, except for:
- key point
- feature point

I think the latter two define best what the points actually *are* in
their own image. Both autopano-sift-c and panomatic actually combine
finding the points of interest, and matching them between images.
Before matching, the points are essentially key points / feature
points, but after matching, they control how the images are (found to
be) related to one another, so I think they *do* become control points
in the process.

Hmm, tricky...

--
Bart