OS X version 10.6.2

When I run panostart on directory full of tifs it appears to run
properly including the creation of the .pto file. However panostart
errors out at the very end with the below:

pto2mk -o 0001_observatory-0015_observatory.pto.mk -p
0001_observatory-0015_observatory
0001_observatory-0015_observatory.pto
make: pto2mk: No such file or directory
make: *** [0001_observatory-0015_observatory.pto.mk] Error 1

I have this version of Hugin installed: "Version 2009.4.0 built by
Skip Gaede" but I do not find pto2mk?