On Tue 26-Jan-2010 at 09:21 -0800, Chris Parrish wrote:

Essentially, I am looking for a workflow similar to the old nona-mask
(which seems now defunct).  But it looks like the latest versions of
nona/enblend/enfuse seem to have mask capabilities built-in (I just
have no idea how they work).

nona-mask, enblend-mask and enfuse-mask are still usable, but since they create temporary files and manipulate the masks with ImageMagick they are not ideal:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/nona-mask
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/enblend-mask
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Panotools-Script/bin/enfuse-mask

It is also not currently possible to substitute nona with nona-mask using the Hugin GUI. Though easy enough if using command-line stitching:

http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell#make_options

Basically there isn't a simple solution for masking photos before stitching, we have discussed replacing the Hugin Crop tab with a full featured vector mask editor, but this hasn't happened (yet).

--
Bruno