Wolfgang- I've never gotten any control points for my fisheyes when using
autopano-sift-c.  But I get as many as I need with panomatic.  Especially if
I increase the values for sieve1:

panomatic --fullscale --sieve1width 25 --sieve1height 25 --sieve1size 25

(The problem with panomatic in my previous post is an exception.)