On Thu 18-Mar-2010 at 23:59 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:

Our ideas list is here: http://wiki.panotools.org/SoC_2010_ideas

This page could use some work: some suggestions for skills required for each, and suitable tasks for the patch we require from each applicant.

Based on how I remember the process last year, I wrote this list of assessment criteria used. Is there anything missing here or just wrong?

* Previous Open Source Software involvement will be a bonus, but we are also understand that summer of code is a useful introduction to Open Source development methods for students willing to learn. * Ability to program. We don't have any entry level positions and will expect students to have the necessary programming proficiency. * Ability to manage time. Last minute applications are not evidence of good planning. * Previous Hugin/panotools/photography involvement (not necessarily programming). We hope to gain contributors from this process and a previous interest is an indication of ongoing interest. * Our need for the proposed code. Some of the projects on the proposals page are more needed than others, if this isn't clear ask. * Ability to communicate. We use the ptx mailing list, the panotools wiki and sourceforge bug trackers, you need to be comfortable with public communication.
--
Bruno