On 15.04.2010, at 22:30, John McAllister wrote:
> It is not so much that I need an all-singing-and-dancing image processor...
> More that I just want to translate system folder listings into text.
>
> Although I cut my IT teeth on DOS 4, is there an application that would help
> me with this, a bit more WYSIWIG?
>
> I do actually understand the basic syntax that has been demonstrated, I
> assume it manages the comma seperators between array elements.
>
> But this app is not quite what I am looking for... I think something more
> primitive, perhaps.

Hey John.
At work I swear on ImageMagick, I don't know how else I'd crop and convert
15'000 images in one go (that's not a typo!) :)
I'm also using TotalCommander [1] for general file handling.
TotalCommander has a bunch of plugins for Catloging files and general stuff
[2]. Maybe you can coax the Catalog-Plugin to output what you want to a
.txt-file, but I'd really suggest (as Erik) to install ImageMagick, fire up
that DOS-console and start with his suggestion, it's not that complicated...

After you've installed it from http://is.gd/buwCo and use "Start" > "Run" > cmd
you should be greeted with your well known DOS-window. Navigate to the folder
with the images and enter:
---
identify -format "[\"%f\",%w,%h];\n" *.jpg > arrays.js
---
and you should have your desired list.

Habi

BTW: Thanks Erik for that tip, I didn't know this :)

[1]: http://www.ghisler.com/, shareware, but I got an site-license from the
University...
[2]: http://www.ghisler.com/plugins.htm