Tomasz> Hi
 Tomasz> I created new testing tool written in python. It is available on:

 Tomasz>
http://hugin-ptx.googlegroups.com/web/tests2.tar.gz?gda=yI6jqj8AAAA_m-Bmjzq5Pt_LOx1JMF0oI0W3JwwUvub6K5WnpSjMggDPXttxP6-sUHRZBFW1F7iccyFKn-rNKC-d1pM_IdV0&gsc=PVzG9gsAAAA75cSDwTgOMIvO-SxrrAdu

 Tomasz> with about 23 tests and additional bash scripts for using testing
 Tomasz> tool. It isn't completed but I think that it is a good way to extend
 Tomasz> existing testing framework.

Hi Tomasz,

I tried running the scripts, but I got this error (after setting the
PATH to the current directory). How do I make it work?

d...@phosphorus:/tmp/rip4$ sh makeReference.sh
makeReference.sh: 16: [[: not found
makeReference.sh: 16: [[: not found
makeReference.sh: 16: [[: not found
makeReference.sh: 16: [[: not found

With respect to your proposal, I'd prefer that the project is divided
into two parts. In the first is the creation of basic test cases for the
tools: mapping of images into different input and output projections with
different basic parameters. Tests for the optimizer too. Basically, a
simple set of tests that we can easily run to test regression.

Then you can work on an automatic framework/method to do this

The second part is to do testing a the function level.

I think there are various advantages to this approach. The first is that
you will get experience on the tools and how the scripts work (and the
tool parameters).  The second is that this test cases are valuable as
soon as they are created (compared to a framework that needs to be
finished to be useful).

What do others think?

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/