thank you all for your answers..

using the james' suggestion, i scaled down the images to a 40% of the
original size.. with these new images hugin worked really well and
enough fast!

so, going on, i produced an equirectangular image, and i noticed that
when shooting the images i missed some sky above, but that i shooted
fine all the pavement behind me.. it didn't matter about the hole in
the sky, so i imported my equirectangular image in a program to
convert it to a VR movie (CubicConverter).. unfortunely this program
automatically recognize my image as a cylindrical picture with a field
of view of only 114°.. for this reason (i guess) it creates a video VR
with two holes, one in the sky (as expected) but also on the pavement,
even if the picture cover the whole space (indeed the bottom cube face
is really distorted)..

how can i solve all this? i hope i have been clear enough.. i am just
practicing with these techniques, and i'm using some photos i shooted
to try.. if i wasn't enough clear with my explanation i can post you
some image to clarify.. :)

thanks again
DNL