I've got a project we'd like to use panoramic images for. We have a
big whiteboard at our lab and a spiffy ceiling-mounted ptzcam with
zoom and autofocus. I'd like to take multiple pictures of the white
board at full zoom, stitch them together, and post them to flickr.

I am impressed by how easy it is to create a panorama with Autopano-
SIFT and Hugin, I'd say roughly <10minutes, but I am really looking
for a completely automated solution.

Quality of panorama doesn't matter as much as automatability.

After reading lots of documentation the past two nights, I've come up
with this sequence:

autopano-complete -o panoproject.pto -p 20 *.JPG
nona panoproject.pto -m TIFF_m -o output
enblend output*.tif -o final.tif

but what I get is big grey/brown/black squares surrounded by
transparent alpha borders on the left and right, or very tiny images
that don't realign themselves to eachother, just layer on top of
eachother.

In Hugin, I would use the Align... button first, before running the
nona commands. Is there a step here that does alignment that I'm
missing?