On Wed 06-Oct-2010 at 00:10 -0700, Ken Turkowski wrote:

/Users/turk/Downloads/hugin-2010.2.0/src/foreign/levmar/misc_core.c:566:2:
warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for matrix inversion
when computing the covariance; this might be unstable at times

Hugin can be built with or without lapack, but it doesn't seem to make much difference either way so we don't require it.

The "deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*" can be fixed by using
"const char*" in the API.

The "warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘long int’" message is
solvable by using "%ld" because it was declared as a long; some other cases might need, e.g.
PRId64 from <inttypes.h>.

The "comparison is always false due to limited range of data type" message can
probably be ignored.

I'm wary of fixing these at such a late stage in the release cycle without having a specific bug that is known to effect users. Now is a good time to fix them in the development 'trunk' though.

I got a runtime error when I ran

 Symbol not found: __ZN12wxConfigBase10ms_pConfigE
 Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libhuginbasewx.0.0.dylib
 Expected in: flat namespace

So, it looks like
      wxConfigBase::ms_pConfig
is missing.

I found it in
    wx-2.8/wx/confbase.h
but it looks like it was just declared inside the class definition, but not
allocated outside of the class definition. There needs to be a
        wxConfigBase *wxConfigBase::ms_pConfig;
somewhere, perhaps #ifdef'ed by __APPLE__, __linux__,  wxMAJOR_VERSION,
wxMINOR_VERSION, wxRELEASE_NUMBER, wxSUBRELEASE_NUMBER

I wonder why this hasn't been reported before, my understanding is that the OS X build is ok.

Can the OS X builders comment on this? I'm not in a position to do anything about it since I'm running Hugin on Linux.

--
Bruno