Hello every one,
i hope i am posting this in the correct place, if not i apologize.
I know it's a long post but i hope whoever read this will have the
patience to read it trough to the end :)

So to my "little" problem,
first of all i am not sure if i am working correctly,
I downloaded the latest version from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2010.2/Hugin_2010.2.0_Windows_x32.zip/download
and than i just run the hugin.exe in the bin folder.

Than I received an error when trying to align the images that autopano-
sift-c.exe is missing, so hugin can not create control points
automatically.
So i tried to manually create control points however i ran into a
different problem,
i have noticed that when i manually place control points the square
with the enlargement preview that show where the actual point is,
is showing a part of the image which is not even in the area where the
point is actually is.
for example, i place a point somewhere on the tip of a tree in the sky
but the enlargement preview will show me the ground!

Could it be some hardware issue? or is it a known bug?

I have downloaded the autopano-sift-c.exe, placed it in the bin folder
and directed hugin to the the file location via the preferences menu.
Now i do not get the error that autopano-sift-c.exe is missing, hugin
is doing the alignment process but it still fails to connect any of
the photos or find any control points.
Also, the problem with the wrong pixel preview in the manual mode
mentioned above still remains.

I remember i used an older version of hugin and i did not have any of
these problems, but i think i used the precompiled installer.
Before you ask i downloaded also the latest precompiled installer and
the same issue is happening there also.

Hope someone can clear this for me
thank you in advance,

Bez.