Hullo All,
I have just been testing the recent changes in the default branch (rev
b6554a90d55), and am seeing slow display of images in both the fast
preview window and the control points tab.
For example, if I select the control points tab, then select images 0
and 1, there is a noticeable delay before image 1 is displayed, and
moving on to images 1,2 there is a delay before image 2 is displayed.
In the fast preview window, if I select photometrics, each image is
displayed with a delay between. This does vary between projects, some
of the scanned images I have been playing with are larger and they do
exhibit a more noticeable delay.
This has never been an issue on my system previously, images in the
control points tab and FPW have always 'appeared' to display
instantly, so for my typical project, these recent changes seem to be
a step backwards. I guess the changes do have some benefit in areas or
projects that I don't use.

Is there a cmake or configure option that might help with this?

Cheers,
Terry