Hi all,

last week I selected a small panel representative of the different stakeholders
(developers, builders, packagers, triagers, reporters) of the bug tracker and
I asked them to complete basic tasks on the prototype [0] of our future
bugtracker at Launchpad.  A total of six people were contacted.  Sorry if
*you* were not amongst those six, I have asked you (the whole mailing list)
for feedback a few weeks ago; and constructive feedback is still welcome.

I am still waiting for one person to get back - lack of time is common in Open
Source.

The vast majority of comments I got from all other panelists (which happen to
be amongst the most active users of the bug tracker in the time leading to my
request) were positive and the discussion moved quickly to details of how to
make the added features work best for us once we migrated.

Unless that one person (or anybody else from this mailing list) comes back
with a show stopper,  I will move ahead with the migration as planned.

An announcement will follow.

There will be a (hopefully short) period of time during which the bug tracker
won't be available - neither for reporting new bugs nor for working on
existing ones.  We'll try to keep that period as short as possible.

I look forward to see *you* participating in bug tracking/testing/hunting on
Launchpad.  There will be an opportunity very soon as I am preparing the
2010.4 release cycle.

Yuv

[0] https://bugs.qastaging.launchpad.net/scriptify/