Hi Hugin community

A milestone has been completed and the new tracker is up on
Launchpad (LP) at [0].  Thank you SourceForge (SF) for nurturing
our project in the past seven years.  Source code repositories,
downloads, and the official Hugin website stay at SF.

Tickets are now accepted at LP.  However there is still a lot of
work to do.  This is a short summarized announcement.  Longer
mails with nitty gritty details for the specific stakeholders
will follow later (but don't wait for them).

The following is summarily addressed in this announcement:
* organization
* accounts
* groups
* communication
* documentation
* next steps

1. ORGANIZATION

The Hugin on LP infrastructure [1] is temporarily owned by the
Hugin PPA Packagers [2] team.  We'll transition ASAP to mirror
the SF project structure.

The Hugin Developers team [3] has been created to own the
infrastructure.  The charter is the same as for the current SF
project [4].

A new Hugin Bug Hunters [5] team has also been created to use the
expanded LF functionality.  See section GROUPS below.

Both teams are moderated (more open than SF's restricted groups).

To be added to a team: either subscribe yourself (new and
improved!) or let your LP ID be known here and an admin will add
you (like on SF).

2. ACCOUNTS

The tracker is world-readable.  An LP account is required to
write into the tracker (like on SF).  if you don't have one yet,
please create an LP account.  Extra bonus if you can document
your steps and publish them here (see below DOCUMENTATION
section).

If you've filed reports in the old tracker, you will need to
complete an extra step of claiming your account.  An LP admin
will merge your accounts.  I have still to do this myself and
will document the process (unless somebody else is faster).

3. GROUPS

Membership in a team grants privileged access.

Ideally every person with write repository access on SF should
become a member of the Hugin Dev team [3].

New: triaging and prioritization of tracker tickets will be
delegated to a formalized group: the Hugin Bug Hunters team [5].
Power users are encouraged to become members.  The same charter
as Hugin Devs apply.

4. COMMUNICATION

Every LP group may have a single mailing list.  To mirror the
current tracker on SF, tracker notifications will be sent to
Hugin Bug Hunters.

I am not sure yet if developers should subscribe to Devs and Bug
Hunters separately, or if we simply subscribe Devs to Bug
Hunters.  I tend for the first approach, so that each Dev can
control if they want to be notified about bugs or not.  It better
reflects current status.

5. DOCUMENTATION

Like with every process that is new and will be undertaken by
many people, documentation by the early adopters will help sooth
the pains of the followers.  I am currently writing a
documentation on how to get the most out of LP.  However, since I
have had an account for long enough, I can't document account
opening.  Can some user please be so kind and document a step by
step account opening?

6. NEXT STEPS

The Hugin on Launchpad infrastructure still need some TLC.

I've just added our release cycles as "series" (2010.4 is there,
just marked as "future" so it only shows when showing "full
history".  Next I shall add betas and release candidates as
milestones, so that bugs can be assigned / related to them.

After enough people have opened / linked accounts; and have
registered for the privileged access groups; there are 398
currently active tickets that needs to be triaged - i.e. reviewed
and assigned a status different than "new".

It will be a while until the tracker develops its full potential,
and we'll learn along and adapt to make the best out of it.

Thank you all for your continued support.
Yuv

[0] <https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin>
[1] <https://launchpad.net/hugin>
[2] <https://launchpad.net/~hugin>