On Nov 23, 11:50 pm, "michael crane" <mick.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... Yuv...
> It is one of those mysteries. I do not know what your motivation is. for 5
> years or so I have seen you pontificating as project self appointed leader
> and I do not know what has been successful. Please do a feature freeze.
> take a back seat and let the guys who know what they are doing tidy
> everything up.

Sometimes, you need something, write some code that satisfies
yourself,
publish it, and then mostly forget about it. Or you do some scientific
research
which results in a program, you write your report, get a grade and
move on with
your life.

In a slightly less extreme way this is what happened with Hugin. It
got written,
and then nobody was interested is pushing (or pulling) things along.
If you have
someone working on the project like "Linus Torvalds", he's both a good
leader
and he's a good technical person. That's ideal. But in the absence of
such a
person, a person like Yuv is almost as good.

And Yuv is doing a good job. He's motivated everybody involved to do a
few
releases. He's made sure that additional features written by other
people haven't
been lost but incorporated into the mainline. All good stuff.

It's like a big chemical company. Does the CEO of a big chemical
company
need to know chemistry? It might help a bit, but no he or she does not
NEED
to be a chemist by trade. Being a CEO is mostly being a manager.

So Yuv is doing good things for the Hugin project. I've seen tangible
results.
I'm happy with his involvement.

Roger.