I did a clean install of the 2010.4.0-beta1 Win32 on a Pentium P4 3MHz
running WinXP sp3. No GPU. It installed without any problems.

Align | Running assistant and Batch Processor Assistant
- If either of the Assistants is cancelled the window closes but the
align stack process continues to run. If another align is started and
cancelled there are then two align stack processes continue to run....
- no minimize/maximize buttons

Align stack/icpfind
- very slow for Samyang 8mm using 9 images (6 round, 1 up 2 down)
- Align stack/icpfind only found 8 points and took about 15 min 10 sec
to run (repeatable timing) (I tried with both fisheye and
stereographic settings)
- in comparison, Panomatic found 94 points (and connected all images)
in 1 min 40 sec

Stitching:
- HDR stitching with TIF output creates a file which cannot be opened
with Irfanview, GIMP, etc. The output to an EXR file is OK.
- sometimes a message "LZW compression is not available to due to
Unisys patent enforcement" is shown.